Following the new regulations on Covid-19 issued by the Italian government and prohibiting congresses and conventions, YARE (Yachting Aftersales and Refit Experience) – a one of a kind rendez-vous among superyacht Captains and international leading companies of the yachting industry – is going digital transforming the format and taking up the challenge this particular situation imposes.
Only one week to YARE (Yachting Aftersales and Refit Experience), the business event dedicated to networking between Superyacht Captains and the yachting industry which, on its 10th Edition, offers a totally digital program made of analysis, focus, workshops, business meetings, following a preview of the program of The Superyacht Captains’ Forum, co-organized by The Superyacht Group International media partner and NAVIGO center for innovation and development of the yachting industry.
All scheduled activities will be available online allowing companies and Captains to participate actively: thanks to the YARE App, the event will be a virtual àgora with a vast audience of professionals doing networking and creating business opportunities.
For every workshop, a panel of experts, managers, captains, journalists and influencers will discuss on the current situation, affected by the Covid 19 pandemic, all the actions and points to be undertaken in the next years on refit and aftersales services following trends and innovation.
YARE will start LIVE on Thursday 26th November (from 10am) with the Forum State of the Market – The Future is Bright?, led by Martin H.Redmayne. The presentation will offer a precise view on the future of leisure boating industry focusing on a forecast of the next generation of yachting builders and suppliers also referring to Covid-19. The event will be visible on streaming on the opening day, November 26. The Forum will offer a dynamic program with contents broadcasted and available on demand.
The workshops will be virtual rooms where participants will be able to access to discuss the industry hot issues focusing this year on five specific topics: planning refit projects, innovations on painting and coating, cyber security, green agenda on technologies to reduce environmental impact, legal administration and taxation.
- Managing the Owners Expectations (26th November, 11am) will focus on the management and organization of the customer satisfaction (private or charter) for both refit and new building projects and how clients could be involved in the experience. Panelists will then discuss about the philosophy and the importance of a tailor made approach, analysing the effects of the pandemic: Vincenzo Poerio, Chairman of YARE and CEO of Tankoa Yachts, Richard Skinner, yacht manager of M/Y Nirvana, Nigel Beatty, Chairman APSA (The Asia-Pacific Yacht Association) and Federico Rossi, chief operating officer of Rossinavi Shipyard in Viareggio.
- The Life Cycle of Paint (26th November, 2pm) will be led by Ken Hickling Director of International Superyacht Society (ISS) and will focus on panting and coating systems and on sustainable products and innovations. The workshop will include the participation of two companies operating in this field: Boero and Jotun.
- The workshop Preparing for the Legal and Fiscal Landscape in 2021 will be broadcasted at 3pm.
- The workshop The Digital Threat – Cyber Security is scheduled on Friday 27th November at 12. The topic will face the digital threat, IT security and the new measures for the yachting industry, according to ONU, and International Maritime Organization guide on this matter.
- At 2pm the workshop Superyachts – How Green can we be..? will be around the topics related to sustainability, green economy, eco-awareness.
- At 3pm Refit – The Value of a Good Plan, will analyze how an organized and efficient project plan can avoid penalties, delays and pendings. Among the panellists: Alberto Perrone Da Zara for Lurssen, Fortunato Di Marco for Lusben refit, Tanguy Ducros for Monaco Marine Group and Captain Malcolm Jacotine.
The complete program of YARE 2020 includes:
- The Superyacht Captains Forum LIVE: the state of the superyacht market presented by The Superyacht Group, media partner.
- Workshops and virtual roundtables approaching the market hot topics: industry experts and influencers will moderate the panel discussion (cybersecurity, refit planning, paininting and coating, tax and legal administration, green agenda, customer behaviour, life style).
- B2C online meetings with superyacht captains: a customized agenda of 15 meetings to introduce your business, products, services.
- The shipyard tour: watch the virtual live tour of famous shipyards.
- The Passerelle Pitch “Innovation Award”: your chance to participate in a live pitch, introduce your innovative idea and win a special prize.
YARE 2020 DIGITAL EDITION / Download the YARE APP from your store and sign up, follow free contents, interact and do business networking with the worldwide superyacht community of captains.
YARE is sponsored by Fabiani Yachts, Rossinavi, Rina, Jotun, Boero, Overmarine, Lusben, Porto Montenegro, Miele Marine and other leading companies of the industry.
YARE is supported by Distretto Tecnologico per la Nautica e la Portualità Toscana, Camera di Commercio Lucca, Lucca Promos, The Lands of Giacomo Puccini.
With patronage of SYBAss, ISS, APSA, ECPY, Italian Yachtmasters, Sezione Yacht Federagenti Italia and the local Comune Viareggio, Comune di Lucca e Provincia Lucca. Media International partner: The Superyacht Group. Mediapartner: The Boat Show, Nautica Report, Superyacht Radio, The World of Yachts, Superyacht Digest and Yachting Pages.