[dropcap]F[/dropcap]or the third consecutive year, ANA Group has been awarded 5-Stars by SKYTRAX, an airline consulting and rating company based in London and established in 1989, the world’s leading airline and airport review specialists. Only six other airlines across the globe (Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Hainan Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines) hold this prestigious 5-Star rating and ANA is the only Japanese airline to hold this award.
The award recognizes the consistently high levels of service provided by ANA to customers at all stages of their flight, from the airport to the cabin. It also recognizes the ongoing improvements to service quality that ANA has implemented to meet the needs of its increasingly international customer base. ANA is committed to maintaining and improving its standards as the airline continues to expand its business operations and take advantage of the additional international routes at Haneda Airport from spring 2014. Service improvements include:
- The launch of ‘DINING h’, a new restaurant inside the ANA SUITE LOUNGE at the Haneda Airport international terminal. This offers the first-ever restaurant dining service by ANA at an airport lounge in Japan.
- Expansion of ANA’s in-flight entertainment channels (movies, audio and other channels), exceeding 300 channels in December 2014 and providing more channels than any other Japanese airline with a variety of languages.
- ANA has also welcomed four new members, including two foreign chefs, to The Connoisseurs team, to provide an even larger range of in-flight meal options. ANA has also developed new in-flight menus in collaboration with well-known overseas hotels to improve the quality of in-flight meals on flights departing from overseas airports to Japan.
- The Tastes of JAPAN by ANA project continues to develop, incorporating ingredients from 17 Japanese prefectures into in-flight meals and lounge cuisine, contributing to the promotion of tourism to Japan and economic growth in Japan’s regions by advertising the appeal of destinations across the country.
- Following extensive customer feedback at both check-in and within airport lounges, ANA has improved staff training and adapted its services to best meet customer needs.
- In addition to mandatory English-language training for all ANA cabin attendants, phrase books in additional languages have been introduced to improve on-board communication with international passengers.
As an international measure of quality and customer satisfaction the SKYTRAX award is an important part of ANA’s business strategy to ensure it is recognized as a leading airline across the globe. ANA’s investment in its network, offer and services is enabling the airline to capture growing demand from international travelers and ANA is committed to providing inspired service as well as safe, high-quality air travel to customers around the world.
[divider style=”dashed” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
- About SKYTRAX – Established in 1989, it is an airline consulting and rating company based in London, UK. In addition to the Airline Star Ratings, which ranks airlines between 1-Star and 5-Star, the company also organizes the World Airline Awards, which are based on an evaluation of more than 200 airlines assessed each year using SKYTRAX’s own online questionnaire and various other customer surveys. The World Airline Awards first recognized ANA in 2011 through the World’s Best Airport Services and Staff Service Excellence, Asia Award. ANA collected another World Airline Award in 2012 as Best Transpacific Airline. In 2013 and 2014, ANA was awarded World’s Best Airport Services for two consecutive years. ANA was also awarded Best Cabin Cleanliness in 2013 and Best Transpacific Airline in 2014.
- About ANA – All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the 13th largest airline in the world by revenues (2013) and the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 72 international routes and 113 domestic routes with a fleet of about 240 aircraft. ANA Group has 33,000 employees. In 2013, it carried 46 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.6 trillion Japanese yen. ANA has been a core member of Star Alliance since 1999 and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes. Its Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members. ANA was voted Airline of the Year for 2013 by Air Transport World Magazine, and was awarded five stars in 2013 and 2014 by the world’s leading Airline and Airport review site, SKYTRAX. ANA is the launch customer and biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.