The first Ilumen 28m delivered as M/Y Kaliente by Dominator Yachts last season to her American owners set a new standard in luxury yachting. On board this boat Videoworks installed their state-of-the-art home entertainment, automation and IT systems, confirming that nowadays, the main focus for owners and guests on any superyacht are the audio-visual and domotic systems. It is now possible to watch a football match in 4K high definition, listen to the purest sound, surf the internet at high speed, or simply control air conditioning, lighting and blinds easily and reliably.
In short, these systems are not extras, but must-have services. “We loved the challenge of designing cutting-edge systems specifically for M/Y Kaliente,” says Mauro Pellegrini, founder of Videoworks. “We would like to thank Dominator for allowing us to develop its innovative audio-visual, entertainment, IT and domotic system on board this beautiful boat.”
As the international leader in the field of systems integration, Videoworks was brought in to complement Dominator’s high-quality construction and exacting standards by specifying and installing the yacht’s state-of-the-art home entertainment, automation and IT systems, including:
• Invisible speakers in the VIP and guest cabins. These high-fidelity “zero architectural impact” speakers can be embedded into any surface and are able to transform the surface into a high-performance audio system. The speakers are completely invisible and perfectly calibrated depending on the size of the room or space in order to produce the purest sound.
• “Sound masking” system in the main salon and owner’s suite cabin. Sound masking is an innovative technology that is able to guarantee high-fidelity music quality in environments with ambient noise, such as a yacht under way. This is done by adding perfectly equalized background frequencies that effectively cancel out the ambient noise.
• iPad control for all the domotic systems. Apple TV on-demand entertainment, Airplay, air conditioning, lighting and blinds (in the owner’s suite) can all be easily controlled with hand-held tablets in every room aboard the yacht.
• “Party Mode” sound for the exterior decks. A plug-in DJ system on the sun deck provides total sound integration, so any DJ can come aboard and plug in his own personal system for party music anywhere, anytime. As for exterior audio equipment, Videoworks ensured waterproofing measures for the system and a hard-wired internet connection.
• Christie video projectorand screen. Christie, a high-end brand of audio-visual equipment, provided the video projector and screen installed on the sun deck for an “under the stars” movie experience.
• Professional onboard network by Cisco Systems, LTE (Long-Term Evolution) wireless connection, and Panasonic VOIP telephony.